Register to Vote
Registering to vote is easy.
- You must provide your Montana driver’s license or Montana ID number when you register. If you do not have a Montana driver’s license, you will need to provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security number. If you have neither number, you will need to provide another form of identification.
- You will need to provide a residence address or specific geographic location information from which your residence address may be determined. The residence address must be in the county in which you are registering.
- The deadline for regular registration is 30 days before any election. If you miss that deadline, you can still register and vote in the election by late registering at your county election office.
- Once you've registered, you'll get a voter confirmation notice from your county election office verifying your registration and telling you which precinct and which polling place you vote in.
Where Do I Vote?
- For primary (June) and general (November) elections, voters living in Rocker, Ramsay, Divide, or Melrose will vote in their respective city.
- In Butte, voting takes place at the Civic Center.
- Voters living outside of the city limits who are unsure what precinct they are in should check with the Clerk & Recorder's Office to see where they should vote. They can be reached at 406-497-6344.
- For information on obtaining an absentee ballot or precinct information, please call the Clerk and Recorders Office at 406-497-6344.
"Voting is how we participate in a civic society - be it for president, be it for a municipal election. It's the way we teach our children - in school elections - how to be citizens, and the importance of their voice."
Paid for by Donavon Hawk for House District 76, c/o Krystin Mengon-Lee, Treasurer, PO Box 3791 Butte, MT 59702